Travelwiz shares this Asian inspired recipe: Pork and lemongrass meatballs.
These pork and lemongrass meatballs are ready in just 30 minutes, less than 300 calories but packed with flavour. The pickled cucumber helps to keep the flavours fresh and ties in the Asian influence. The lettuce cups keep it healthy.
Travelwiz fully escorted tour of Vietnam Departing 18th July 2018 is now fully booked but here is a delightful recipe to whet your appetite for the next tour.
- cucumber ½, seeded and diced
- rice wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- red chilli 1 large, seeded and diced
- lemongrass 1 stalk, chopped
- ginger grated to make 1 tbsp
- coriander ½ bunch, chopped
- lean pork mince 500g
- sesame oil
- carrots 2, shredded
- little gem lettuce 2, leaves separated
- chilli sauce to serve
- steamed rice to serve
- Step 1. Toss the cucumber with the vinegar and half the chilli and to one side. Put the remaining chilli, lemongrass, ginger and half the coriander in a small blender. Blitz until smooth, add to a bowl with the pork mince. Season well and combine, with clean hands. Roll into small meatballs (you should get about 24 from this mix). Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the meatballs all over for 8 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Step 2. Add a little carrot and 2 meatballs to each lettuce leaf. Add some cucumber pickle to each and scatter with the remaining coriander. Serve with chilli sauce if you like, and some steamed rice.